Thursday 12 July 2012

The Beauty of a Flower



This poem was written during a serious bout of insomnia sometime between the time of 12 and 2am, funnily enough this is when the 'creative juices' are flowing .... The poem is pretty self explanatory and I don't want to go all Shakespearean on you, but its one that means a lot to me:


Beauty does not require extra motivation
It does not need to be cajoled or seek retraction
My face is clouded by the need to understand you
My thoughts are those of intrigue, only thoughts of you
Blue is said to be the colour of sadness, this is one myth you certainly proven
As you beat me up, my bruises black and blue
Till the presence of my Clematis flower, changes, alters, heals my navy hue
Her strength and purity as alluring as her white petals
The red anthers distinct, unique, a rare hot passion they slowly ignite
Like a ribbon caught in the wind, her hair lifts, enchants, enthralls
There are many flowers in the field that much is true,
But my dear the truth is that not many captivate me as much as you
A gaze of disdain from you I have yet to see
Only those of joy and warmth, looks akin to the rays of sunlight
I am well aware that you are a joyful soul that runs free
What sets you apart is that your beauty does not falter
When the colour of life turns blue, I need not run helter skelter
I simply seek my flower, Clematis my escape from reality that sets me free.



No comments:

Post a Comment